These tools are available from our Member Dashboard and access is restricted to members of Merton Chamber of Commerce and if you register for the Business Basics Workshop or Ready to Fly Course but are available to non members for a one off subscription of £20 +vat. Contact us to arrange. For information on becoming a Member click here.
Business Factsheet Library:
You can access a library of over 1500 regularly updated fact sheets published by major business and market intelligence organisation Cobweb Information:
Business Opportunity Profiles covering everything you will need to consider when thinking about starting a specific type of business including all your legal obligations, market overview, qualifications & skills required, industry awareness and developments, key market issues and trends, current trading issues, pricing, professional associations, and a list of useful contacts and other sources of information. A must if you are starting your research and business plan.
Business Information Factsheets covering the whole range of business related topics and among the most popular are Choosing you Legal Entity, Setting up a Limited Company, Employing Staff For the First Time, Introduction to Income Tax, NI and VAT, Sources of Finance and Market Research.. These are comprehensive and include links and contacts for further specific research.
Business Legal Library– a selection of the key laws affecting small businesses
Professional & Trade Associations – details of organisations worth contacting for sector specific information & help
Sources of Business Information – details of other Government Offices and Institutions
We have developed a range of useful and easy to use spreadsheets & tools to help in planning and running your business including:
• Cash flow, profit and sales templates including versions for VAT registered businesses
• Basic bookkeeping template for the self employed
• Loan repayment calculator
• Daily rate calculator for self employed service businesses (to calculate your target pricing)
• Marketing and Start Up Donut (a comprehensive must have online resource to develop your marketing strategy and complement you start up business planning)
• Guide to Mentoring pocket e-book